1. Smile even when you don’t feel like it.
A smile is the shortest distance between two people.
A smile a powerful gesture of kindness to show others, but it has an awesome effect on your own mood. When you smile, even if you’re alone, your brain will be primed for oxytocin because it will begin to expect good things; your face is smiling, that must mean something fun is about to happen, right?
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear and it’s like free therapy.
2. Remind yourself of all the good things you have accomplished in this world.
Counting down your successes helps remind you of your value and purpose. Purpose and having purpose is happiness on steroids.
3. Do what makes you happy – dance to music, ride your bike, or take a walk. Movement and doing something you enjoy is the perfect way to slide you into a joyful mood. Why? When you move, you’re not just exercising your muscles; you’re giving your brain a serious boost of happiness. Picture this: endorphins, dopamine, adrenaline, and endocannabinoids – these aren’t just hard-to-pronounce chemicals; they’re your squad for feeling amazing!
4. Say “thank you” with a card. That’s right, buy or make a thank you card and send it to someone you appreciate. The right card for the right person reminds you of the goodness they added to your life. Being grateful and showing appreciation pulls you into happiness gentle but surely. Now that is awesome!
5. You have heard it before but do something nice for some else and it does you a world of good! It has the power to take the sourest mood and turn it into sunshine.
And it goes without saying, remember to PLAY!